Black British Autistic was started by Gee Williams.
BY RAISING THIS MONEY WE INTEND TO START BY:
1) STARTING A PLATFORM TO HELP FAMILIES RAISE CHILDREN WITH AUTISM ON LOW INCOMES
2) PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO FAMILIES THAT ARE ON A LOW INCOME AND GIFT
3) HELP FAMILIES AFFECTED BY THE COVID 19 LOCKDOWN WITH AUTISTIC CHILDREN THAT CANNOT ATTEND SCHOOL AND PROVIDE THEM WITH EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
4) TO PROVIDE A MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE PLATFORM FOR FAMILIES TO MEET, HELP AND ADVISE
5) TO PROVIDE RESPITE CARE & START AN AGENCY TO HELPS PARENTS AND GIFTS
6) TO PROVIDE DAY TRIPS FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN WITH AUTISM
7) TO PROVIDE POSITIVE MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOPS FOR PARENTS
8) TO PROVIDE FREE BBA CLOTHING APPAREL & BBA SPORTS BAGS/BOXES & MILESTONE AWARD, EVENTS TO ALL THAT JOIN THE MEMBERSHIP
9) PROVIDE FREE NUTRITION & HEALTH INFORMATION FROM PRIVATE HOLISTIC PROFESSIONALS
10) PROVIDE TEA & COFFEE MORNINGS TO MOTHERS & FATHERS
My Son has Autism, Short Gut Syndrome and survives on TPN Nutrition and Gastro Feed 12 Hours Per Night. He was born and contracted NEC necrotizing enterocolitis from his birth hospital and I had to live 2 years in hospital with King since his birth. We are home now and he just celebrated his 5 Birthday.
I started BBA after a 3 Year battle, fighting my local council for my Autistic Son King.
The council did not update vital parts of my sons EHC Plan for 18 months, and his plan did not truly reflect him and his capabilities.
During the process, it became very apparent how this department was failing children within the borough and submitted my son's EHC plan 4 months late to my school's choices (they broke the law), and by this, king’s applications failed to get into the schools i chose. Because of this, i have been Homeschooling my son now for nearly 2 years. The council are trying to force my son into a school where i know he will digress. The schools I specifically chose for King are for children with Autism and would be able to give him the care & education needed mainly focusing on children with Autism.
I took the local council to the High Court and won on the first leg
They confirmed ‘HE CAN’ go to my first choice school (subject to costs) but the council lied and stated my son would need 2-3 care assistance per day and the court ruled that it would be too expensive for him to go there. my sons allocated hospital and doctors are furious and confirmed that this is a lie and the school already provides 1-1 care at the school and that is all that he will need.
During this battle, my mother sadly passed away and I still continue to fight, as she would have wanted me to, for her Grandson.
i am currently fighting his 2nd appeal and i have full support from my son's hospital and professionals that know my son and his capabilities.
The local borough fought against me when they are the ones i have to apply to in the first place to get my son into a school.
I proved HE CAN go to my school of choice and BLACK BRITISH AUTISTIC was born!
Because i don't want other parents to go through this on their own too and be bullied with jargon!
I want to thank
Kings Gastro Team
Ms S Mckenzie
Mrs J Thompson
The RH Team
& Paediatric Consultants
for all of your help with our case and help caring for King.
You are all Angels on Earth
This is going to be a legendary movement and i would love you to be a part of it by helping
Black Ethnic Minority* children with Autism!
Thank you In advance for your donation, gifts and time!
Gee & King